Wood from trees or other fibrous plants. Useful for building structures, weapons, and even simple prosthetics. A raw stick of wood can be used as a weapon in a pinch.
- Deterioration Rate
- Market Value
- Max Hit Points
- Melee Cooldown
- Melee Damage
Wood is vital to early game construction and crafting. You are given a number of wood logs at the start of the game and can gather more from trees using the Chop Wood command. Bulk goods traders will also buy and sell wood.
You can plant trees inside growing zones to create a renewable source of wood, though it tends to take over a month of in-game time before trees can be harvested.
Should your colony be visited by an Alphabeaver infestation, watch out! These ravenous genetically-engineered critters will eat every tree on the map if you don't stop them by force!
Using as a weapon
|Melee Attack||Damage Amount||Cooldown||DPS|
Using as a prosthesis
Using as fuel
Wood vs. Comparable Weapons
This section goes over how well a piece of wood fares against comparable weapons (similar value, tech level or similar characteristics) in 1 vs. 1 combat.
- All testing is semi-automated which allows for large sample sizes to be gathered per set of results with ease
- All pawns have a skill level of 8 in melee
- No pawns have any traits that affect combat performance
- All pawns are of 18 years of age and completely healthy
Results in the table below are the percentages of battles that wood logs either won or tied against the weapon listed in the first column of said table, with a sample size of 2,000 battles per result. Higher percentages are better.
The following armor categories are:
- Unarmored - Plainleather button-down shirt and plainleather pants
- Flak - Steel simple helmet, flak jacket, flak vest, plainleather button-down shirt and flak pants
- Marine - Marine helmet, marine armor, plainleather button-down shirt and plainleather pants
Wood is used in the following crafting recipes:
|Watermill generator||280||Buildings - Power|
|Billiards table||30||Buildings - Recreation|
|Poker table||25||Buildings - Recreation|
|Greatbow||60||Equipment - Weapons|
|Pila||70||Equipment - Weapons|
|Recurve bow||40||Equipment - Weapons|
|Short bow||30||Equipment - Weapons|
|Peg leg||1||Medical Items - Body Parts|
|Wooden foot||1||Medical Items - Body Parts|
|Wooden hand||1||Medical Items - Body Parts|
|Butcher table||20||Production - Food|