"A shaped stick, heavy at one end, for bashing enemies to death. This weapon is so old it's part of human biology. Evolutionary biologists say that a major reason humans can tilt our wrists side-to-side (instead of just forward-and-back like other primates) is to be able to better swing a club."
- Melee Attack 1
9 dmg (poke)
2 seconds cooldown
13% armor penetration
- Melee Attack 2
14 dmg (blunt)
2 seconds cooldown
21% armor penetration
- Melee Average DPS
- Melee Average AP
- Work To Make
- 1,200 ticks (
- Metallic, Woody, Stony
- Resources to make
The club is a neolithic melee weapon that does a moderate amount of blunt damage and has a moderate-long cooldown. As a blunt weapon, it doesn't cause bleeding (unless a body part gets destroyed), and generally do more damage against armor when compared to sharp weapons.
Clubs can also be crafted at a crafting spot, fueled smithy, or electric smithy without any research required; with 40 Stuff (Wood/Metals/Stone) and 1,200 ticks ( of work. They can also be purchased from any combat supplier or war merchant, or obtained from melee raiders drops.
Clubs are generated without a quality level - in essence, all clubs are "normal." This makes them worth considering if you have no competent crafters yet. With underwhelming damage output, clubs only make sense as melee options in the early game; once you have craftsmen capable of reliably producing better than normal quality weapons, there is little reason to ever build a club again. Although uranium clubs are effective weapons for use against armored foes, maces are clearly superior (although more expensive) weapons, especially if they are high quality.
In the following table, clubs of different types along with their damage charts are displayed.
|Material||Beauty||Market Value||Work To Make||Melee Damage Per Second||Melee Armor Penetration|
Club vs. Comparable Weapons
This section goes over how well the club fares against comparable weapons (similar value, tech level or similar characteristics) in 1 vs. 1 combat.
- All testing is semi-automated which allows for large sample sizes to be gathered per set of results with ease
- All pawns have a skill level of 8 in melee
- No pawns have any traits that affect combat performance
- All pawns are of 18 years of age and completely healthy
Results in the table below are the percentages of battles that clubs either won or tied against the weapon listed in the first column of said table, with a sample size of 2,000 battles per result. Higher percentages are better.
The following armor categories are:
- Unarmored - Plainleather button-down shirt and plainleather pants
- Flak - Steel simple helmet, flak jacket, flak vest, plainleather button-down shirt and flak pants
- Marine - Marine helmet, marine armor, plainleather button-down shirt and plainleather pants
|Steel club vs.||Unarmored||Flak||Marine|
|Uranium club vs.||Unarmored||Flak||Marine|
- 0.7.581 - Added
- Beta 18 - clubs no longer generate with a quality value.
- 1.1 - Wooden club is burnable now and the metallic variants are smeltable