"A garment crafted without machines using neolithic tools."
- Armor Factor - Sharp
- Armor Factor - Blunt
- Armor Factor - Heat
- Torso, Left Leg, Right Leg
- Work To Make
- 1,800 ticks (
- Leathery, Fabric
- Resources to make
As a neolithic garment, tribalwear can be constructed at a crafting spot, or tailor bench - the former option not requiring any research whatsoever. A piece of tribalwear requires 60 of any textile, and 1,800 ticks ( units of work.
Tribalwear can either also be stripped from Tribal pawns.
Conclusion & Comparison
Tribalwear removes the 'Naked' thought debuff from colonists of both genders, replacing both a shirt and pants with a single item.
- Tribalwear has identical armor values, but less coverage (tribalwear doesn't cover the arms and neck)
- Tribalwear has better insulation from cold (55% vs. 46%)
- Tribalwear has much better insulation from heat (55% vs. 18%)
- Tribalwear has lower materials and work cost (60 textiles and 30 work vs. requires 85 textiles and 72 work)
A bit of extra neck and arm protection is usually seen as valuable enough to merit the lower insulation and higher crafting cost of pants and a button-down. But colonists in ultra-hot biomes may prefer the better insulation, especially when first starting out.
- Tribalwear offers identical armor and coverage
- Tribalwear has better insulation - cold (55% vs. 42%)
- Tribalwear has much better insulation - heat (55% vs. 18%)
- Tribalwear requires fewer textiles to craft (60 vs. 80) and takes significantly less work (30 vs. 54)
Tribalwear is ideal for prisoners, since it offers essential bodily coverage, it's cheap, and offers little protection. This makes prison breaks easier to deal with as prisoners can be downed easier (especially important through mid-late game when enemies frequently spawn with flak vests). You can force prisoners to wear tribalwear by stripping them before capturing, and then ensuring there's a stockpile of tribalwear in their cell/barracks.
|Material||Sharp||Blunt||Heat||Item HP||Insulation - Cold||Insulation - Heat||Market Value|
|Chinchilla fur Tribalwear||13.4%||2.8%||30%||100||-16.5°C||+8.8°C||395|
|Dog leather Tribalwear||16.2%||4.8%||30%||130||-7.7°C||+8.8°C||127|
|Elephant leather Tribalwear||22.4%||4.8%||30%||150||-7.7°C||+6.6°C||152|
|Guinea pig fur Tribalwear||13.4%||2.8%||30%||60||-20.9°C||+9.9°C||305|
|Heavy fur Tribalwear||24.8%||4.8%||30%||150||-16.5°C||+7.7°C||205|
|Human leather Tribalwear||12.8%||4.8%||30%||130||-6.6°C||+6.6°C||260|
|Panthera fur Tribalwear||18.6%||4.8%||30%||130||-8.8°C||+13.2°C||187|
|Rhinoceros leather Tribalwear||25.8%||4.8%||30%||150||-7.7°C||+7.7°C||260|
|Alpaca wool Tribalwear||7.2%||0%||22%||100||-15.4°C||+8.8°C||169|
|Bison wool Tribalwear||7.2%||0%||22%||100||-14.3°C||+6.6°C||169|
|Megasloth wool Tribalwear||16%||0%||22%||100||-18.7°C||+6.6°C||169|
|Muffalo wool Tribalwear||7.2%||0%||22%||100||-16.5°C||+6.6°C||169|
|Sheep wool Tribalwear||7.2%||0%||22%||100||-14.3°C||+5.5°C||169|
- Alpha 7 - -10% workspeed, -10% movespeed penalties added
- ?? - -10% workspeed, -10% movespeed penalties removed
- Beta 19/1.0 - Colonists can now wear armor vests with tribalwear