A suit of powered armor. Layered plasteel-weave plates are very effective at stopping attacks, with few vulnerable joint sections. Neuro-memetic assistors allow a human to wear the armor and still move easily.
Armor like this is often used by rapid-incursion space marines.
- Insulation - Cold
- 32 °C (57.6 °F)
- Insulation - Heat
- 9 °C (16.2 °F)
- Armor - Sharp
- Armor - Blunt
- Armor - Heat
- Torso, Neck, Left Shoulder, Left Arm, Right Shoulder, Right Arm, Left Leg, Right Leg
- Middle, Outer
- Required Research
- Marine armor
- Skill Required
- Crafting 7
- Work To Make
- 60,000 ticks (
Marine armor is a set of power armor that forms a full set along with the Marine helmet and can effectively block gunshots, cuts, blunt trauma, or burns.
When equipped, it slows its wearer's move speed by −0.40 c/s.
Marine Armor can be crafted at a Fabrication bench once the Marine armor research project has been completed. They require 100 Plasteel, 20 Uranium, 4 Advanced component, 60,000 ticks ( of work, and a Crafting of 7.
|Raider Kind||Chance||Average Quality||Health|
Marine armor is the middle tier of the three types of power armor, the other two being the inferior Recon armor and the superior Cataphract armor. As expected, it is also the middle tier in expense and protection as well. While it provides the same coverage, Marine armor is roughly equivalent to a Recon armor of one quality level above (e.g. a Normal Marine armor ~= Good Recon armor), or a Cataphract armor one quality levels below.
Compared a flak vest and duster, the marine armor offers strictly superior protection to the arms and legs when all items are the same quality, regardless of duster material. The interactions of two layers are dictated by the games Armor Rating calculations, and the result is that marine armor provides torso, neck and shoulders protection approximately equivalent to the combination of a devilstrand duster and flak vest, assuming all items are the same quality. However replacing the devilstrand with hyperweave or thrumbofur results in more protection to those areas. So while marine armor is more protective than a devilstrand duster and flak vest, when compared to better duster materials, the overall impact of the opposing traits of superior arm and leg protection and inferior torso, neck and shoulder protection on pawn survivability is currently unclear. However in this comparison, it should be noted that several vital organs are in the torso and the destruction of these can result in immediate death. It should also be noted that marine armor comes with a Move Speed debuff of -0.40 c/s, while a flak vest has a penalty of only -0.12c/s meaning there may be a reason to choose the flak vest and duster even with inferior protection.
It occupies both the middle and outer layers meaning unlike flak vests, which only occupy the middle layer, it cannot be worn with dusters and similar items.
|Quality||Sharp||Blunt||Heat||Item HP||Insulation - Cold||Insulation - Heat||Market Value|
|Awful Marine armor||63.6%||27%||32.4%||340||-25.6 °C (-46.1 °F)||+7.2 °C (13 °F)||1015|
|Poor Marine armor||84.8%||36%||43.2%||340||-28.8 °C (-51.8 °F)||+8.1 °C (14.6 °F)||1525|
|Normal Marine armor||106%||45%||54%||340||-32 °C (-57.6 °F)||+9 °C (16.2 °F)||2035|
|Good Marine armor||121.9%||51.75%||62.1%||340||-35.2 °C (-63.4 °F)||+9.9 °C (17.8 °F)||2535|
|Excellent Marine armor||137.8%||58.5%||70.2%||340||-38.4 °C (-69.1 °F)||+10.8 °C (19.4 °F)||3035|
|Masterwork Marine armor||153.7%||65.25%||78.3%||340||-48 °C (-86.4 °F)||+13.5 °C (24.3 °F)||4035|
|Legendary Marine armor||190.8%||81%||97.2%||340||-57.6 °C (-103.7 °F)||+16.2 °C (29.2 °F)||5035|
For the full effects of qualities, see Quality.
Every set of marine armor found on an Imperial Grenadier will be green.
In older versions,Global Work Speed by 10%it only reduced move speed by 0.1c/s but also reduced
- Beta 19 - it received a buff to armor rating, the crafting time was greatly reduced, and the cost was changed. It also received a new description and name.
- 0.19/1.0 - Renamed from Power armor to Marine armor
- 1.1 - it received a slight nerf to sharp protection (108% --> 106%).
- 1.1.2647 - No longer meets the clothing requirement of nobles, replaced in that role by Prestige marine armor
- 1.3.? - description changed to fix the lore inconsistency as Imperial Janissaries don't wear the armor. "Armor like this is often used by imperial janissaries and rapid-incursion space marines." -> "Armor like this is often used by rapid-incursion space marines.".
- Grenadier armor - a slightly less protective variant of marine armor with an integrated grenade launcher.
- Prestige marine armor - a variant of marine armor that both pleases nobles and improves psychic ability.