Jump to navigation Jump to search
Refines biological matter like wood or plant matter into chemfuel.
- 2 ˣ 3
- Cover Effectiveness
While the refinery is selected, click "Bills" then "Add Bill" to add an order to produce chemfuel:
- Make chemfuel from wood: Turns 70 wood logs into 35 chemfuel. Takes 2,000 ticks ( of work.
- Make chemfuel from organics: Turns 3.5 nutrition worth of food ingredients into 35 chemfuel, worth 80.5. Takes 2,500 ticks ( of work.
- Hay or meals not accepted, though kibble made with hay will work.
- Most raw ingredients have a nutrition value of 0.05. For such ingredients, 3.5 nutrition requires 70 units, which is the same quantity required of wood.
- Since chemfuel powered generators use only 4 fuel per day, it is very easy to achieve net power from a closed system. (A farm can easily fuel its own Sunlamps and still provide a surplus of food)
- Before Beta 19, it used to be simply called the Refinery, and meals could be used as organic ingredients.