Changing the layout
The distinction between clothing and armor is not particularly useful imo. Flak pants are armor but aren't usually compared against armor for example. You're not weighing a Bowler hat against a parka, you're comparing it to a simple helmet or cowboy hat.
So given this, I suggest the nav box be altered. Get rid of the existing sctructe, Instead:
- No royalty category, use to denote royalty items like in other navs
- Structure the box by coverage area
- Head - Helmets, hats etc
- Legs - Pants
- Torso - Shirts, vest, torso
- Shell - Plate armor, power armors, dusters, parkas, robes etc.
Now obviously this isn't perfect. A flak vest doesn't conflict with a t-shirt. And tribalwear takes up both Pants and Torso "slots" but doesn't warrant its own section either. And Plate and power armor takes up the Shell AND the Middle layers. But I still think its more useful when navigating than the currennt system.
If the armor/clothing disctinction is considered valuable, then you could preserve that by broken the sections into two parts were relevant. For example:
But theres enough questions and opinion here that I'd like feedback before making a bold edit here.
- I feel that this is a valid point, maybe you can first make a test template to see how it looks. PigeonGuru ( talk | contribs | assist ) 02:12, 1 December 2020 (UTC)
- Unfortunately due to how the Nav templates are set up, a new template location has to added to main template as well before they will display properly (though there are exceptions to this as they're inconsistently configured because of course there are). I could change the template and we could revert it? Harakoni (talk) 02:22, 1 December 2020 (UTC)