Pirates

From RimWorld Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Pirates are a spacer tech level faction. They are relatively technologically advanced, perpetually hostile and appear in every game. This making them one of the primary humanoid threats to be faced as they will raid the player the entire game unless every faction base is eliminated.

Despite being Spacer level, and Outlanders being Industrial, their technology and equipment is largely similar. In some ways, this makes them the Outlander equivalent to the Tribes' Savage variant.

Lore

A loose confederation of pirate gangs who've agreed to mostly fight outsiders instead of fighting each other.
Pirates don't sow, they don't build, and they rarely trade. Driven by a blood-and-honor culture that values personal strength and ruthlessness, they enrich themselves by raiding and robbing their more productive neighbors.
Their technology level depends mostly on who they've managed to steal from recently. Mostly they carry gunpowder weapons, though some prefer to stab victims at close range.
- In Game Description

Pirate faction leaders are called the "Boss".

Names

Variants

Faction icon for the Pirate Gang
Faction icon for the Cannibal Pirate Gang

There is one primary pirate faction with an additional variant added by the Ideology DLC.

Pirate gang

"A loose confederation of pirate gangs who've agreed to mostly fight outsiders instead of fighting each other."

The pirate gang faction's goodwill is locked at -100, and will always remain hostile.

Cannibal pirate gang

"This particular gang of pirates are cannibals."

Cannibal pirate gangs will always have the Cannibal Meme. Like the pirate gang, their goodwill is locked at -100, and will always remain hostile.

Ideoligion:

Pawns

Pirate pawns will always have backstories from the "Pirate" category.

Pirates

Pawn Type Image Combat Power Gear Health (%) Avg. Gear Quality Clothing Budget Weapon Budget Available Weapons Age Range
Additional Info
Drifter Drifter1557.png 35 20-60 Poor 90-280 60-200 Club Knife Any Never carries food. Has a 15% chance to carry 1x Herbal medicine. 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Denture Peg leg Wooden foot Wooden hand
Scavenger Gunner Scavenger1557.png 45 40-110 Normal 300-500 200-300 Autopistol Bolt-action rifle Machine pistol Pump shotgun Revolver Any Has a 5% chance to carry 1x Medicine. Has a 4% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Denture Peg leg Wooden foot Wooden hand
Scavenger Thrasher Thrasher1557.png 45 40-110 Normal 300-800 100-160 Axe Club Gladius Knife Mace Warhammer Any Has a 5% chance to carry 1x Medicine. Has a 4% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Denture Peg leg Wooden foot Wooden hand
Pirate Gunner Pirate1557.png 65 70-230 Normal 400-1000 250-345 Autopistol Bolt-action rifle Incendiary launcher Machine pistol Pump shotgun Revolver Up to 65 Has a 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine. Has a 4% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Denture Peg leg Wooden foot Wooden hand . There is a 20% chance that their weapon is biocoded to them.

Mercenaries

They, like Outlanders also field "Mercenary" pawns in their stronger raids and when defending their faction bases.

Pawn Type Image Combat Power Gear Health (%) Avg. Gear Quality Clothing Budget Weapon Budget Available Weapons Age Range
Additional Info
Grenadier Grenadier1557.png 65 70-230 Normal 400-700 500 Frag grenades Molotov cocktails Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 10% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 5% chance to carry 1x Medicine Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 5% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Cochlear implant Denture Drill arm Field hand Peg leg Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Wooden foot Wooden hand

EMP Grenadier EMPGrenadier2056.png 65 70-230 Normal 400-700 500 EMP grenades Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 10% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 5% chance to carry 1x Medicine Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 5% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Cochlear implant Denture Drill arm Field hand Peg leg Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Wooden foot Wooden hand

Smoke Grenadier ? 65 70-230 Normal 400-700 500 Smoke launcher Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 10% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 5% chance to carry 1x Medicine Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 5% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Cochlear implant Denture Drill arm Field hand Peg leg Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Wooden foot Wooden hand

Mercenary Gunner Gunner1557.png 90 70-320 Normal 1000-1500 330-650 Assault rifle Autopistol Bolt-action rifle Chain shotgun EMP launcher Heavy SMG Incendiary launcher LMG Machine pistol Pump shotgun Revolver Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 5% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 20% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine. Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier stomach Drill arm Elbow blade Field hand Gastro-analyzer Hand talon Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Knee spike Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Toughskin gland Venom fangs Venom talon

Mercenary Sniper Sniper1557.png 110 70-320 Normal 1000-1500 600-600 Sniper rifle Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 20% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine

Has a 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier stomach Drill arm Elbow blade Field hand Gastro-analyzer Hand talon Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Knee spike Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Toughskin gland Venom fangs Venom talon

Mercenary Slasher Slasher1557.png 150 70-320 Normal 300-1400 200-500 Axe Gladius Longsword Mace Spear Warhammer Up to 65 Always has a Shield belt. Will never wear headgear. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 20% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine

Has a 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier stomach Drill arm Elbow blade Field hand Gastro-analyzer Hand talon Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Knee spike Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Toughskin gland Venom fangs Venom talon

Heavy Mercenary Heavy1557.png 150 70-320 Normal 200-350 1200 Doomsday rocket launcher Minigun Triple rocket launcher Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 20% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine

Has a 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier stomach Drill arm Elbow blade Field hand Gastro-analyzer Hand talon Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Knee spike Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Toughskin gland Venom fangs Venom talon

Elite Mercenary Elite1557.png 150 100 Normal 2500-3500 500-1400 Assault rifle Chain shotgun Heavy SMG LMG Up to 45 90% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 80% chance to carry between 1 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 30% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine. Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 35% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Detoxifier stomach Drill arm Elbow blade Field hand Gastro-analyzer Hand talon Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Knee spike Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Reprocessor stomach Toughskin gland Venom fangs Venom talon

Boss Elite1557.png 150 100 Normal 2500-3500 500-1400 Assault rifle Chain shotgun Heavy SMG LMG Up to 45 May be faction leader. 90% base recruitment difficulty. 90% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 80% chance to carry between 1 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 30% chance for weapon to be biocoded. Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 35% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Detoxifier stomach Drill arm Elbow blade Field hand Gastro-analyzer Hand talon Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Knee spike Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Reprocessor stomach Toughskin gland Venom fangs Venom talon

Raids

Besides their equipment, raids carry additional loot. Pirate raids carry:

Faction Bases

??

Version history

??