Outlanders

From RimWorld Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Outlanders are industrial tech level factions that populate the rimworld. There are two types of outlanders: civil outlanders, which start out neutral, and rough outlanders, which start out hostile but can be befriended.

Outlanders use the same equipment and technology as pirates, but they do not behave the same. Unlike Pirates, Outlanders can be made into allies by sending gifts, trading, or releasing prisoners. Due to their similarity to your colony, they can be considered the standard faction. They often use similar equipment and tactics as normal pirates, but rarely use high level gear such as sniper rifles. Be nice to them and you will be rewarded, but anger them and you basically have another pirate group, except they can be negotiated with.

Lore[edit]

"These people have lived here for decades or centuries, and have lost most of the technology that brought them to this world. They usually work with simple machinery and defend themselves with advanced gunpowder weapons. They are concerned with the practical matters of trade, trust and survival." - In-game description

In the core game, Outlander faction leaders are called "Prime Councilors", but with the Ideology DLC enabled the leader titles are that of their ideoligion.

Names[edit]

The name of the Outlander factions vary from game to game, but follows one of several patterns:

  • [nearnameinitial]
  • [nearnameinitial] [political_union_outlander]
  • [nearnameinitial] [political_adjective] [political_union_outlander]
  • [political_union_outlander] of [nearnameinitial]
  • [political_adjective] [political_union_outlander] of [nearnameinitial]

Where [nearnameinitial] can be either:

  • [PlaceOutlander]
  • [Direction] [PlaceOutlander]

Variants[edit]

There are three primary variants of outlanders. They differ in their description and their relations with the player and other factions, but are otherwise identical.

Civil outlander union[edit]

Civil outlander.png

This particular group holds civil behavior in high regard.

Civil outlander unions always start off neutral. This type of faction has a nautral goodwill range from -50 to 50. If goodwill is over 50, it will fall by 0.4 per day. If goodwill is under -50, it will rise by 0.2 per day.

Rough outlander union[edit]

Rough outlander.png

This particular group has a streak of barbarity in them.

Rough outlander unions always start off hostile towards your faction, as well as all other factions. This type of faction has a natural goodwill range from -100 to -80. If goodwill is over -80, it will fall by 0.4 per day. If goodwill is under -100, it will rise by 0.2.

Rough pig union[edit]

RoughPigUnion.png

A loose union of hardy pigskin townships. They're willing to make friends, even with thinsnouts, but they're also ready to toss a bomb and gnaw human gristle when it suits them. Treat them with respect and they'll offer a trotter to an ally in need. Turn against them and the last thing you hear might be a triumphant battle squeal.

Rough pig unions are, in essence, rough outlander unions that are exclusively populated with outlanders with the pigskin xenotype. They also have some custom pawnkinds available to them to reflect that change, the primary difference being the use short ranged weapons because of their genetic nearsightedness.

Rough pig unions always start off hostile towards your faction, as well as all other factions. This type of faction has a natural goodwill range from -100 to -80. If goodwill is over -80, it will fall by 0.4 per day. If goodwill is under -100, it will rise by 0.2.

Pawns[edit]

Outlander pawns will have backstories from the "Outlander" category 95% of the time, and from the "Offworld" category 5% of the time.

Outlanders[edit]

Pawn Type Image Combat Power Gear Health (%) Avg. Gear Quality Clothing Budget Weapon Budget Available Weapons Age Range
Additional Info
Villager Villager1557.png 45 20-200 Poor 200-400 65-250 Autopistol Knife Machine pistol Revolver Any 6% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Cochlear implant Drill arm Field hand Peg leg Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Wooden foot Wooden hand. 40% chance to wear headgear of some sort.
Town Guard Guard1557.png 60 60-200 Normal 400-600 250-400 Autopistol Bolt-action rifle Heavy SMG Incendiary launcher Machine pistol Pump shotgun Revolver Any 40% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 4% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Cochlear implant Drill arm Field hand Peg leg Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Wooden foot Wooden hand.
Town Trader Trader outlander.png 45 100 Normal 400-600 200 Autopistol Revolver Any Always has bowler hat.

15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Armorskin gland Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic jaw Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier kidney Detoxifier lung Drill arm Field hand Gastro-analyzer Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Peg leg Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Sterilizing stomach Toughskin gland Wooden foot Wooden hand.

Town Councilman Councilman2056.png 40 100 Good 700-1200 200 Autopistol Revolver At least 30 Always has bowler hat. Only one can show in a raid.

15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Armorskin gland Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic jaw Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier kidney Detoxifier lung Drill arm Field hand Gastro-analyzer Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Sterilizing stomach Toughskin gland.

Mercenaries[edit]

These elite units types join both outlanders and pirates in their ranks in the mid-to-late game.

Pawn Type Image Combat Power Gear Health (%) Avg. Gear Quality Clothing Budget Weapon Budget Available Weapons Age Range
Additional Info
Grenadier Grenadier1557.png 70 70-230 Normal 400-700 500 Frag grenades Molotov cocktails Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 10% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 5% chance to carry 1x Medicine Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 5% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Cochlear implant Drill arm Field hand Peg leg Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Wooden foot Wooden hand

EMP Grenadier EMPGrenadier2056.png 55 70-230 Normal 400-700 500 EMP grenades Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 10% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 5% chance to carry 1x Medicine Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 5% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Cochlear implant Drill arm Field hand Peg leg Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Wooden foot Wooden hand

Smoke Grenadier Grenadier smoke outlander.png 55 70-230 Normal 400-700 500 Smoke launcher Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 10% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 5% chance to carry 1x Medicine Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 5% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Cochlear implant Drill arm Field hand Peg leg Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Wooden foot Wooden hand

Mercenary Gunner Gunner1557.png 85 70-320 Normal 1000-1500 330-650 Assault rifle Autopistol Bolt-action rifle Chain shotgun EMP launcher Heavy SMG Hellcat rifle Incendiary launcher LMG Machine pistol Pump shotgun Revolver Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 5% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 20% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine. Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic jaw Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier kidney Detoxifier lung Drill arm Field hand Gastro-analyzer Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Sterilizing stomach Toughskin gland

Mercenary Sniper Sniper1557.png 110 70-320 Normal 1000-1500 600-600 Sniper rifle Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 20% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine

Has a 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic jaw Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier kidney Detoxifier lung Drill arm Field hand Gastro-analyzer Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Sterilizing stomach Toughskin gland

Mercenary Slasher Slasher1557.png 140 70-320 Normal 300-1400 200-500 Axe Gladius Longsword Mace Spear Warhammer Up to 65 Always has a Shield belt. Will never wear headgear. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 20% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine

Has a 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic jaw Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier kidney Detoxifier lung Drill arm Field hand Gastro-analyzer Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Sterilizing stomach Toughskin gland

Heavy Mercenary Heavy1557.png 140 70-320 Normal 200-350 1200 Doomsday rocket launcher Minigun Triple rocket launcher Up to 65 50% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 15% chance to carry between 0 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 20% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine

Has a 15% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic jaw Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Cochlear implant Detoxifier kidney Detoxifier lung Drill arm Field hand Gastro-analyzer Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Prosthetic arm Prosthetic heart Prosthetic leg Reprocessor stomach Sterilizing stomach Toughskin gland

Elite Mercenary Elite1557.png 130 100 Normal 2500-3500 500-1400 Assault rifle Chain shotgun Heavy SMG Hellcat rifle LMG Up to 45 90% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addition. 80% chance to carry between 1 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 30% chance for weapon to be biocoded. 10% chance to carry 1x Medicine. Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 35% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic jaw Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Detoxifier kidney Detoxifier lung Drill arm Field hand Gastro-analyzer Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Reprocessor stomach Sterilizing stomach Toughskin gland

Boss Elite1557.png 130 100 Normal 2500-3500 500-1400 Assault rifle Chain shotgun Heavy SMG Hellcat rifle LMG Up to 45 May be faction leader. 90% chance to wear headgear of some sort. 10% chance of a drug addiction. 80% chance to carry between 1 and 2 combat enhancing drugs. 30% chance for weapon to be biocoded. Cannot have the Brawler trait.

Has a 35% chance to have one of the following prostheses: Aesthetic nose Aesthetic shaper Bionic arm Bionic ear Bionic eye Bionic heart Bionic jaw Bionic leg Bionic spine Bionic stomach Bionic tongue Circadian assistant Circadian half-cycler Coagulator Detoxifier kidney Detoxifier lung Drill arm Field hand Gastro-analyzer Healing enhancer Immunoenhancer Joywire Learning assistant Love enhancer Neurocalculator Nuclear stomach Painstopper Power claw Reprocessor stomach Sterilizing stomach Toughskin gland

Xenotypes[edit]

The table below describes the chance for a given pawn from each faction being one of the xenotypes added by the Biotech DLC. Note that this value does not account for chances in xenotype chance from ideoligionContent added by the Ideology DLC or from pawn kind, it only shows the base value before those factors.

Civil outlander union
Xenotype Chance
Dirtmole Dirtmole 5%
Genie Genie 2.5%
Highmate Highmate 0%
Hussar Hussar 5%
Impid Impid 0%
Neanderthal Neanderthal 2.5%
Pigskins Pigskin 0%
Sanguophage Sanguophage 0%
Waster Waster 0%
Yttakin Yttakin 0%
link=Baseliner Yttakin}} Baseliner 85%
Rough outlander union
Xenotype Chance
Dirtmole Dirtmole 5%
Genie Genie 2.5%
Highmate Highmate 0%
Hussar Hussar 5%
Impid Impid 0%
Neanderthal Neanderthal 2.5%
Pigskins Pigskin 0%
Sanguophage Sanguophage 0%
Waster Waster 0%
Yttakin Yttakin 0%
link=Baseliner Yttakin}} Baseliner 85%
Rough pig union
Xenotype Chance
Dirtmole Dirtmole 0%
Genie Genie 0%
Highmate Highmate 0%
Hussar Hussar 0%
Impid Impid 0%
Neanderthal Neanderthal 0%
Pigskins Pigskin 100%
Sanguophage Sanguophage 0%
Waster Waster 0%
Yttakin Yttakin 0%
link=Baseliner Yttakin}} Baseliner 0%

Raids[edit]

Outlander raids generally consist of enemies with firearms and/or melee weapons. Notably, Outlander enemies never carry Doomsday nor Triple Rockets.

Outlanders raids consist of a few types:

  • Immediate Attack
  • Immediate Attack Smart
  • Stage then Go
  • Breacher
  • Smart Breacher
  • Sapper
  • Siege

The chance of a certain type of attack occurring changes based on Raid Points. Generally, as Raid Points rise the chance of Breachers and Sappers increases. At 5,000 Raid Points or higher, 28% of Outlander attacks will be Sieges, 28% will be Breachers and Sappers, and the remaining roughly 44% of raids will be all other types.

Outlanders can "Drop Right on Top of you" via Transport Pods. This attack is a type of immediate attack raid.

Faction bases[edit]

??

Version history[edit]

  • 1.1 - Faction icons are now differentiated by shape as well as color, to help out colorblind players. Smoke grenadier pawnkind added.
  • 1.4.3555 - Fix: Pigskin factions can have quest helper snipers show up without weapons.