IED smoke trap
|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: Please add a reason.|
|This page could use some more or updated images. You can help RimWorld Wiki by uploading images to make this page better. Note: Images of AoE in a style similar to File:Skip shield radius.jpg.|
IED smoke trap
A pair of smoke shells connected to a trigger which detonates on touch or bullet impact. Since it is hidden in the surrounding terrain, it cannot be placed adjacent to other traps. Animals can sense these when calm.
- 1 ˣ 1
- Terrain Affordance
- Required Research
- Skill Required
- Construction 3
- Work To Make
- 1,400 ticks (23.33 secs)
- Destroy yield
IED smoke traps are landmines that harmlessly explode into a cloud of non-damaging blind smoke when tripped.
IED smoke traps can be constructed once the IEDs research project has been completed. They require 2 Smoke shells, 1,400 ticks (23.33 secs) of work, and a Construction skill of 3.
IEDs are single use traps that may be triggered when a pawn of any kind walks over it.
- The base trigger chance is 100% for enemies, including mechanoids and animals affected by the manhunter mental state. Note that despite the name, animals currently hunting a human pawn for food are not "manhunters" and are not considered enemies.
- Non-manhunting wild animals have a 25% chance to trigger the trap.
- Colonists and tame animals have 0.4% (one in 250) chance to trigger the trap.[Friendly Mechanoids?]
- Friendly visitors and their animals will never trigger a trap.
However, colonists and non-manhunting animals are aware of the location of traps, and will avoid pathing over them if reasonably practical.[Path Cost?] In all instances, the nimble trait multiplies the trigger chance for that pawn by 10%, that is, a 10% chance for enemies and 0.04% chance for friendly pawns.
IEDs can also be triggered when hit by a projectile dealing the Bullet, Arrow, or ArrowHighVelocity damage type, or when damaged below 20% of their maximum HP.
When triggered, the trap will begin to spark and emit a hissing sound for 15 ticks (0.25 secs) before exploding, creating a cloud of blind smoke in a 8.6-tile radius.[Verify Radius] The explosion and resulting cloud deal no damage but reduces the accuracy of ranged attacks through it by 70% and prevents turrets, both friendly and enemy, from targeting pawns in or behind it. The cloud dissipates after approximately 30 seconds.
Non-drafted pawns will attempt to run from an activated IED trap, even if it wouldn't affect them.[Verify]
- 1.1.0 - IEDs explode when bullets hit them. This allows the player to purposefully shoot them to set them off.