|This article is a stub. You can help RimWorld Wiki by expanding it. Reason: recreation and tomb room roles info.|
A grave provides a place to bury corpses. Graves can be constructed without need of materials. The default storage setting only allows human corpses, but can be set to accept animals, strangers or mechanoids. A body can be removed (hauled) from a grave with the 'Open' command. Deconstructing will also release the buried. Fellow colonists will occasionally visit the grave, even if it is placed far from the base, which can be inefficient.
- Unburied human corpses trigger 'observed corpse' negative thoughts for passersby.
- Unburied colonist bodies trigger the 'colonist left unburied' negative thought.
- Unburied corpses have -150 beauty, resulting in an ugly environment.
- Unburied corpses create the corpse bile filth, which provides a massive -50 beauty indoors and -15 outdoors.
- Colonists visiting the graves of fellow members gain a recreation boost of the Solitary variety.
Graves cannot be stood on, though they can be walked through. This allows tactical usage by positioning graves to prevent enemies from standing in some locations.
- Until Alpha 4, there used to be another version called gibbet cage which caused "Fear" mood debuff to characters passing nearby. The Ideology DLC re-added the gibbet cage as a separate object.
- Molotov cocktails can be thrown on corpses for fire to burn them up.
- Electric crematorium can be used to burn corpses while requiring electricity.
- Sarcophagi are nicer but require materials to make.
- 0.12.906 - ‘Open’ designator added. Can now be visited as a joy activity.
- Beta 19/1.0.0 - Burying corpses takes 2x longer. Digging graves takes 20% longer. Now show the person's date of death
- 1.1.2654 - Increase psyfocus gain range of grave from 4~20 to 6~26.