|This information relates to content added by the Royalty DLC. Please note that it will not be present without the DLC enabled.|
Blood rot is a long-lasting disease that can be fatal if untreated.
Unlike other diseases, it doesn't appear on its own, but rather only appears as part of quests if you have the Royalty DLC installed.
These are the following stages in which blood rot will progress through, and the effects it has on the victim:
|Blood rot (minor)||0 - 0.59 severity|
|Blood rot (major)||0.6 - 0.84 severity||
|Blood rot (Extreme)||0.85 - 0.99 severity||
|Blood rot (Extreme)||1.00 severity||
- Severity increases by 0.4 per day.
- Treatment slows progression by a maximum of 1 per day.
- This means the disease will regress by 0.6 per day at this rate.
- Note that good treatment will not cause the disease to go away on its own.
The disease resolves after 30-40 days, independent of the patient's immune functioning.
Treatment can be done using medicine which suppresses the disease, preventing it from reaching fatal stages.
An immediate cure is expensive, requiring 10 glitterworld medicine and a doctor with medical skill 5 or above.
- 1.1 - Added at some point in 1.1.
- 1.1.2654 - Disease removed from the basegame and added to the Royalty DLC. Previously it was fully functional in Core, but did not appear in regular, unmodded gameplay unless Royalty was enabled.